Add Your Event To The Community Calendar
Community Calendar Rules & Regulations
The Town of Bloomfield Community Calendar is intended to make the community aware of school, municipal and community events and activities. Community events include any charitable, educational, cultural or recreational event taking place in the Town of Bloomfield and open to the public.
Guidelines for Community Event Postings
1. Calendar events should be for one-time or special events, not regularly scheduled activities.
2. Events must be open to the general public.
3. Events must be in the Town of Bloomfield.
4. Notices and announcements should include:
- The name of the group, organization, or person sponsoring the event.
- A concise description of the event.
- Date and time.
- Both free and ticketed events are eligible; however, if there is a fee, the amount must be included in the posting.
5. All event postings shall include valid contact information including a full name, email address and phone number.
All event postings shall be reviewed by the Town of Bloomfield during regular business hours, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Submissions will be approved, revised or rejected by the Town within three (3) business days.
What is NOT Allowed
• Any posting that promotes illegal activity.
• Any posting that promotes particular commercial services, products or political organizations.
• Third-party retail programs, such as fitness classes, cooking classes, or first-aid workshops.
• Any posting that violates Town of Bloomfield policies.
• Business, commercial or garage/tag sale advertisements.
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
• Events that do not take place in the Town of Bloomfield, Connecticut.
• Private events, such as family reunions or birthday parties.
• Profane or sexual language and/or content.
• Regularly scheduled events (fitness classes, athletic events, religious services, etc.).
• Spam, advertising, or solicitations.
The Town of Bloomfield Community Calendar is provided as a community service to the residents of Bloomfield and community organizations.
• The Town of Bloomfield reserves the right to review, edit and/or reject any event submission.
• The Town of Bloomfield does not endorse, support or verify the legitimacy or accuracy of any organization or information posted on this calendar or any documents or information posed on any website linked to or from this calendar.
• All persons or entities submitting postings hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Town of Bloomfield and its individual members, officials, committees, officers, agents, directors, and employees from any and all third party claims that the content violates a third party’s right of privacy or contains any defamatory or inaccurate content or violates any state, federal or local law or regulation.
• The Town of Bloomfield reserves the right to revise these guidelines at any time without notice.
• All events submitted to the Town of Bloomfield Community Calendar are subject to public disclosure under applicable local, state and/or federal law.
• Event submission constitutes agreement to all guidelines and information contained in this document.