Trees For Bloomfield Photo Contest
Are you inspired by the beauty of trees?
Be part of the 2023 Trees for Bloomfield initiative to honor trees and increase awareness of the benefits they provide for now and the future. Whether you're an experienced or aspiring photographer, we encourage you to submit your best work!
Please read the important guidelines below before registering for the contest. The contest entry form is at the bottom of this page.
- Adult non-professional (individual age 19 or older)
- Youth non-professional (individual age 18 or younger)
- Landscape: The focus is on more than one tree
- Portrait: The focus is on a single tree
Eligibility and Judging
- The photo contest is open to all Bloomfield residents and visitors.
- Photos must be of trees located in Bloomfield.
- The photo submission period is June 1 to October 23, 2023.
- Submit up to two photographs; you may enter a photograph in one or more submission categories.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges. The panel of judges, in its sole and absolute discretion, shall determine the winners in each category.
- Images will be chosen in each submission category based on originality, technical excellence, composition and overall impact.
- Digital images can be color, black & white, manipulated, non-manipulated, or scanned.
- File types limited to jpeg or tif.
- Submitted photographs must include trees or a tree or part of a tree (leaf, bark, etc) or the effects of trees (dappling, sun’s rays through trees, the play of shadows and light, etc.) The tree(s) must be the focal point of the photograph(s).
- Minimum file size: image dimensions 2048 pixels minimum on longest side, to a maximum dimension of 5500 pixels. Maximum file size is 10MB. Please note--if you have any problems attaching your photos to the form below, photos can be directly emailed to Trees for Bloomfield.
- All photos submitted may be used on the Town of Bloomfield website(s) and/or in our print publications. You agree to grant the Town of Bloomfield a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photographs on Town or other internet sites, including social media.
- Use the photographs in the Town’s print communications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images.
- Winning photographs will be displayed in a prominent location in Bloomfield.
- All photos submitted may be published by Town News Media LLC (The Bloomfield Messenger, The Windsor Journal, and The Windsor Locks Journal).
- No compensation will be provided for use of the photos and there is no guarantee that the photos submitted will be used.
- Click here for additional tips and suggestions from current Trees for Bloomfield photo contest judges.
- Click here to see 2022 Trees for Bloomfield Photo Contest winners.