- Real Estate Town of Bloomfield tax bills over $1,000 are split into two installments, due July 1 and January 1
NOTE: The July tax due is higher than January because Fire District tax is included in the July installment.
- Personal Property: One installment, due July 1
- Motor Vehicle: One installment, due July 1
- Supplemental Motor Vehicle: One installment, due January 1
- Fire District: Tax bills due in full July 1 with last day to pay without penalty August 1, 2017. Fire District tax amounts are included on the same statement as the Town of Bloomfield tax amount.
If the taxes are not paid before August 1, 2017 interest will be charged from the due date, July 1, 2017 at the rate of 1 1/2% per month until paid, subject to a minimum interest charge of $2.00 on Town tax and minimum $2.00 on Fire District tax in accordance with section 12-146 of the Connecticut State Statutes and Public act 80-468.
Payments may be made by mail in the envelope provided, online (a convenience fee will be applied) or in the Tax Collector’s Office located at Town Hall, 800 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. A drop box will be available outside the door of the Tax Office during the month of July during regular Town Hall business hours.
If paying in person: to help us keep the lines moving, please have your check written and signed before reaching the payment window and please have the entire statement with you.
We do not accept credit or debit cards or over the phone payments in the tax office. If you wish to use a credit or debit card or an e-check you may do so by using our online payment system. A convenience fee will be applied