Bloomfield Foster Care Support Network
A program of Bloomfield Social & Youth Services that is funded by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and is unique in the state. Participation is available to all foster children and families residing in the town of Bloomfield. The Youth Services Coordinator, a Foster Care Specialist, Youth Activities Coordinators and a graduate level student intern staff this program.
Other Foster Care Support Network Services
- Assessment & Counseling
- Case Coordination
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Activities
- Group Support
- Individual Counseling
- Recreational / Cultural Activities
- Service Coordination
- Self-Esteem Building
For more information please contact Patricia Maneggia, MSW - Youth Services Coordinator at 860-242-1895.
Juvenile Review Board (JRB)
Provides a community based alternative and diversionary program for juvenile offenders from Bloomfield who are at-risk of being referred to local courts or the Department of Children and Families (DCF).
- To reduce the number of youth referred to Superior Court Juvenile Matters
- To reduce the number of youth referred to DCF
- To provide timely and appropriate options to youth that address at-risk and/or illegal behaviors
- To provide prevention and intervention services that promote positive personal growth and development.
Bloomfield adults interested in improving services for children and youth may serve on the council. The group meets monthly and assists with assessment, evaluation, planning and coordination of all youth programs and services in the community. Members are appointed every two years by the Town Council.
Youth Action Club
This club includes Bloomfield youth interested in making a difference in their community. They participate in positive youth development activities, give back to their community through community service and various other projects. They also plan trips and other activities.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2015 - 2016 school year!!! Bloomfield youth currently in grades 9 - 11 are eligible to apply. Club members serve for one school year as advisors for youth and family programs offered by Social and Youth Services. Members also advocate for youth needs and concerns, fundraise, volunteer at department and community events, plan and organize youth activities and programs and work with other youth serving agencies/groups in the town and region. In addition, members volunteer 15-20 hours per month, October - June. Youth are required to participate in training opportunities to enhance teambuilding and leadership skills, including 1 to 2 overnight retreats per year.
Applications are due no later than Friday, October 2, 2015. Please click here for a Membership Application. A competitive process is used to select candidates including personal interviews. Maximum membership will not exceed 18 youth. Applications are available at Social & Youth Services, 330 Park Avenue, 2nd floor or at www.bloomfieldct.org on the Social and Youth Services webpage. For further information, please call Pat Maneggia, Youth Services Coordinator at 860-242-1895!
Additional Youth Services Programs
- Positive Youth Development
- Referrals to appropriate agencies and service providers
- Brief Individual, Family and Group Therapy for youth and families
- Educational Programs
- Crisis Intervention for children, youth and families
- Recreational and Cultural Events
- Families Activities and Events
- Intergenerational Activities
- Youth Employment Assistance
- Community Restitution for court referred Bloomfield youth
- Special Events and Community Projects