Bloomfield Foster Care Support Network
A program of Bloomfield Social & Youth Services that is funded by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and is unique in the state. Participation is available to all foster children and families residing in the town of Bloomfield. The Youth Services Coordinator, a Foster Care Specialist, Youth Activities Coordinators staff this program.
Other Foster Care Support Network Services
- Assessment & Counseling
- Case Coordination
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Activities
- Group Support
- Individual Counseling
- Recreational / Cultural Activities
- Service Coordination
- Self-Esteem Building
For more information please contact Angelica Thompson, LMSW - Youth Services Coordinator at 860-242-1895.
Juvenile Review Board (JRB)
Provides a community based alternative and diversionary program for juvenile offenders from Bloomfield who are at-risk of being referred to local courts or the Department of Children and Families (DCF).
- To reduce the number of youth referred to Superior Court Juvenile Matters
- To reduce the number of youth referred to DCF
- To provide timely and appropriate options to youth that address at-risk and/or illegal behaviors
- To provide prevention and intervention services that promote positive personal growth and development.
Bloomfield adults interested in improving services for children and youth may serve on the council. The board participates in hearings as needed. Members are appointed every two years by the Town Council.
For additional information, please contact the Assistant Youth Services Coordinator, Tiffany Wright, MSW at 860-242-1895.
Youth Action Club
This club includes Bloomfield youth interested in making a difference in their community. They participate in positive youth development activities, give back to their community through community service and various other projects. They also plan trips and other activities.
For further information, please call Tiffany Wright, MSW - Assistant Youth Services Coordinator at 860-242-1895.
Additional Youth Services Programs
- Positive Youth Development
- Referrals to appropriate agencies and service providers
- Brief Individual, Family and Group Therapy for youth and families
- Educational Programs
- Crisis Intervention for children, youth and families
- Recreational and Cultural Events
- Families Activities and Events
- Intergenerational Activities
- Youth Employment Assistance
- Community Restitution for court referred Bloomfield youth
- Special Events and Community Projects