To enrich the Town’s visual landscape with works of art and to support quality artistic opportunities for residents, workers and visitors to experience and to enjoy.
The Public Art Commission is made up of members of the Community. The 7 members will be appointed by the Council subsequent to recommendation by the Council’s Committee on Committees. The 2 year term of office will be aligned with the Town Council’s term of office. The Public Art Commission will appoint a Council liaison, who will provide periodic status reports to the Town Council. The Public Art Commission will:
- Act as an arts facilitator, creating liaisons with and providing support to arts organizations;
- Act as an arts steward by fostering the development and enjoyment of the arts in our community;
- Select public art and recommend its location within Bloomfield;
- Act as an arts funds administrator, receiving and allocating Town funds and funds from other sources for purposes of artistic encouragement;
- Act as the information clearinghouse on artistic activity within and around the Town of Bloomfield.