The Police Department would like to remind bicyclists of all ages to adhere to the following safe riding rules:
- Use only equipment that is safe and in good working order;
- Use a bell or horn alerting others that you are there and use lights when traveling at night;
- Wear a helmet and brightly-colored or reflective clothing to make yourself visible to vehicles;
- Be aware of your surroundings as you travel down the roadway, and always expect hazards; and
- Follow the rules-of-the-road, including giving the right-of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks.