Please consider reducing your water consumption as much as possible during this time. The Connecticut Interagency Drought Workgroup plans to have an update by June 22, 2020. In the meantime, the following is a short list of suggestions to help alleviate the problem:
- Water only fragile and food plants
- Shorten length of showering times
- Shut off water when brushing teeth or shaving
- Start dishwasher only when full
- Use correct water level before turning on washing machine
- Sweep rather than hosing off driveways and walkways
These are just some of the ways every person in Connecticut can help reduce the amount of water used during this time of drought. Does it really matter if you shorten your time in the shower or shut off the water when brushing your teeth? It really, truly does help! Thank you for caring about your neighborhood, city, and state. We can all do our part!
See attached flyer for more details. Check out the State of CT page for all things drought-related.