As you all know, the Covid-19 virus has dramatically changed our lives. The State of Connecticut has determined that any registered Democratic or Republican voter can vote by absentee ballot versus going to the polls if they choose to do so for their own safety. This is pursuant to Executive Order 7QQ.
Towards the end of June, the Secretary of State will be sending all registered Democrats and Republicans an absentee ballot application. This application will be pre-filled with your voter information. You will need to:
- Check the box indicating your reason for obtaining the ballot. You can check either Covid-19 or illness if none of the other reasons apply.
- Make sure all the pre-filled information is correct
- Sign and date the application
- Use the self-addressed stamped envelope to return it to the Town Clerk’s office. There will also be a designated secure drop box for absentee ballot applications and ballots on the Park Avenue side of Town Hall which will be clearly marked.
Once your signed application is received by the Town Clerk you will then receive your ballot in the mail when they become available. Please keep in mind the following points:
- You need to be either a registered Democrat or Republican to vote in Connecticut’s primaries
- You do not need to actually have the Covid-19 virus in order to vote by absentee ballot
- You must return the original signed application to the Bloomfield Town Clerk’s office
- Ballots become available 21 days before the primary which is July 21st
- Completed ballots must be returned to the Town Clerk by August 11th, primary day, by 8:00pm
If you have any questions you can reach out to the Bloomfield Town Clerk’s Office by phone- 860-769-3507 or email [email protected] Thank you.
Bloomfield Town Clerk CCTC CMC