Town Council Adopted Budget for 2016 -2017
Town Council Adopted Budget for 2015 - 2016
Town Council Adopted Budget for 2014 - 2015
Town Council Adopted Budget for 2013 - 2014
Town Council Adopted Budget for 2012 - 2013
Town Council Adopted Budget for 2011 - 2012
Each year the Town Council adopts a budget for the Town in accordance with the Town Charter and State Statutes. The Town fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. Below is a summary of the annual budget process as set forth in the Charter:
- The process starts with the Departments and the Board of Education submitting budget requests to the Town Manager.
- Working with these budget requests, the Town Manager then prepares a proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year for presentation to the Town Council.
- Upon receipt of the proposed budget from the Town Manager, the Town Council will hold one or more public hearings on the proposed budget.
- Following the public hearings, the Town Council will prepare its budget for the upcoming year.
- The annual Town Meeting is held on the first Monday in May, at which the Town Council will present, explain, and take public comments on its prepared budget.
- Subsequent to the Town Meeting, the Town Council will adopt a final budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- The Town Charter allows for Bloomfield residents to bring the Coucil's adopted budget to a referendum vote through a petition signed by at least 7.5% of the registered voters in the Town.