CHAIR: Sharon Mann
The Beautification Committee is a volunteer committee which promotes and facilitates activities that improve the appearance of the Town of Bloomfield. The committee recommends or plans beautification activities with the support of the Department of Public Works. Our resources are limited and currently we actively support the annual planting of flowers at the following locations:
- The Mary Hill Memorial Park at the corner of Blue Hills Avenue and Park Avenue
- The Town Green across from the Prosser Library
- Plantings are also placed around the Town Hall and the McMahon Wintonbury Branch Library
- Leisure Services sign at 330 Park Avenue
- The bed around the Bloomfield Police sign
- Seventeen planters are filled with flowers at various municipal buildings around town
- Hardy mums are placed at various locations around town in the fall
The Town War Memorials are planted the Monday before Memorial Day.
The majority of the annual planting around town occurs in early June.
Since 1989 the committee has presented Beautification Awards for outstanding property landscaping. A certificate is presented to the award recipients at a Town Council meeting at the end of October each year.
The Beautification Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in conference room #4 at the Town Hall on Bloomfield Avenue. The Beautification Committee is supported by the Public Works Department. If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding volunteering to help the Beautification Committee contact Operations Manager, Dan Carter by email.
THE BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE WELCOMES YOUR ASSISTANCE!
The Beautification Committee is always eager to hear from individuals who are willing to offer time and effort, or businesses and corporations who wish to donate funds or other needed commodities, or to otherwise provide sponsorship to contribute to the beautification of our Town. There are always small, medium, and large tasks and projects that would benefit from your sense of community spirit and service. Please contact Dan Carter at the email address listed above to provide your assistance to help make Bloomfield an even better place to live and work.