NEW ONLINE LAND RECORD SEARCH (CLICK HERE)
The land records for the Town of Bloomfield are administered and maintained by the Town Clerk. The land records are official documents relating to real estate property, including deeds, easements, mortgages, liens, maps, and other related documents.
Recording (& Copy) Fees for Land Record documents:
- First page (non-map): $53.00
- Each subsequent page: $5.00
- Conveyance surcharge: $2.00
- Missing grantee address surcharge: $5.00
- Missing typed/printed witness name surcharge: $1.00
- Generic map: $10.00
- Subdivision map (3 or more lots): $20.00
- Copies of documents: $1.00 (per page)
- Document copy certification: $2.00
Property Transfer Considerations
Documents that transfer (convey) title to real estate property must include a completed CT Department of Revenue Services Real Estate Conveyance Tax Return form (Form OP236) when presented for recording. The appropriate conveyance tax will be collected at that time prior to recording. The conveyance tax for Bloomfield is calculated at .005 per thousand dollars. Form OP236 may be obtained at the Town Clerk's Office in Town Hall or may be ordered on-line at the Department of Revenue Services website.
For questions, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 860-769-3507 or visit the Town Clerk's Office located at 800 Bloomfield Avenue. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.