The Engineering Department provides technical expertise and other professional assistance to Boards, Commissions, other Departments, and, to a limited extent, the public, in areas of engineering, wetlands and erosion control. Provided services include:
- Project, contract, & construction management and coordination.
- Infrastructure project design.
- Limited construction and compliance inspections.
- Site evaluations and similar in-field services.
- Plan & document review.
- Street excavation & other rights-of-way permitting.
- FEMA flood management administration for the Town.
- Stormwater management administration.
- Technical consultation.
- Development and administration of design and construction standards.
- Wetlands administration and staff support to the Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Commission - Wetlands Maps
- Infrastructure asset inventory.
Particular areas of focus include streets, sidewalks, drainage facilities, exterior site work, low impact development, facility mapping, and traffic related issues.